What Is Invisalign®
Invisalign® uses a series of clear, custom-made teeth aligners to shift crowded or malpositioned teeth into a straighter position. This revolutionary system, available here at Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists, allows you to incrementally improve the look of your smile with discretion and comfort. Invisalign® has helped patients all over the world straighten their teeth effectively – without the need for metal braces and wires.
- Concerns Invisalign Treats
- Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign Process
- Length of Invisalign Treatment
- Invisalign Cost
- Invisalign vs. Braces
- Invisalign Teen
What Concerns Can Invisalign Treat?
The Invisalign system is designed to help patients:
- Shift misaligned teeth into a more desirable position
- Close gaps and/or spaces between teeth
- Resolve orthodontic issues such as overbites, underbites, and crossbites
For qualified candidates, Invisalign can address all of these concerns without the use of wires or brackets. To determine if this innovative treatment can help correct your orthodontic issues, contact our office for a consultation with Dr. Patrick Cuozzo.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
There are many benefits associated with this innovative orthodontic treatment. Invisalign® teeth aligners can be easily taken out at your convenience so you can eat, drink, brush, and floss. The treatment is popular with many of our patients because the teeth aligners are almost invisible to other people due to their clear, plastic composition. Typically, patients using the Invisalign® system have fewer scheduled office visits since the aligners don’t need the type of adjustments associated with metal braces. Plus, the aligners are known to be much more comfortable than braces, and the length of time necessary for treatment is often less when compared with other orthodontic techniques.
How Invisalign Works: The Treatment Process
These five steps will walk you through our Invisalign® treatment process from beginning to end.
- Our experienced orthodontist, Dr. Pat, will discuss your treatment options during your initial consultation. If it is decided that the Invisalign® system is the best option for your needs, you are encouraged to ask any questions you may have about the treatment and Dr. Pat will address all your concerns.
- Next, Dr. Pat will take a digital impression of your teeth and send the images to Invisalign®. These images will be used to design a customized series of trays. Each tray in the series is slightly modified from the one before it, allowing for progressive movement of your teeth into a more desirable position.
- You can begin your orthodontic treatment after Invisalign® delivers your series of personalized teeth aligners to our office. We typically give patients 18 to 30 aligners to wear for 9 to 15 months, although the total treatment length will vary depending on your specific needs. Every two weeks, you will discard the aligners you’ve been wearing and replace them with the next in the series. We recommend you wear the aligners every day for at least 20 to 22 hours, only removing them to eat, drink or take care of your oral hygiene.
- Dr. Pat will arrange office visits periodically to analyze your results.
- At the end of your treatment Dr. Cuozzo will show you how to wear a retainer at night so your teeth will stay in their new position.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
Once your Invisalign treatment plan has been created, Dr. Pat will go over it with you and answer any questions you may have. The plan will include the projected length of time Invisalign may take to produce optimal results. Since every individual has different needs and goals, the total treatment time varies from patient to patient. In order to ensure treatment is completed on time, we offer guidelines which typically include wearing the aligners at least 22 hours per day, changing out the aligners as recommended by Dr. Pat, and returning for check-in visits at our office.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
The cost of Invisalign is based on a number of variables. Dr. Pat will review what could affect the ultimate cost of your procedure at the time of your consultation so you are well-informed. Following your conversation with Dr. Pat, one of our team members can provide you with an overall estimate for the cost of your treatment plan. If you have an insurance policy, we would be happy to contact your provider to see what they will cover. We can also help formulate a payment plan that works with your specific budget, if desired.
Invisalign® vs. Braces
The differences between Invisalign and metal braces are numerous. Metal braces are the most traditional way of aligning crooked teeth. They are comprised of wires and brackets designed to guide teeth into a straighter position over time. Since metal braces are noticeably apparent, clear braces were developed to accomplish the same goal more discreetly. Invisalign is one of these clear teeth straightening systems that can address mild to moderate orthodontic concerns. By using a series of customized plastic trays, patients are able to straighten their teeth while still having the flexibility to remove their Invisalign aligners as they wish. This feature can make eating, drinking, and cleaning the teeth much easier throughout the treatment process.
Both Invisalign and metal braces have unique benefits, and the most ideal option will ultimately depend on your particular needs. Once you meet with Dr. Pat to discuss your orthodontic concerns, he will steer you toward the system that can achieve your smile goals in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
Invisalign Teen is designed to help our adolescent and teenage patients straighten common misalignment issues discreetly and comfortably. We often find they gravitate toward this system for their orthodontic needs because there are no wires or brackets, the aligners are virtually invisible, the plastic trays can be removed with ease when necessary. Overall, this technique is very much like Invisalign for adults, but it was created to address adolescent patients’ unique orthodontic needs and lifestyle. If you think your teenager could benefit from Invisalign Teen, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Pat.
For more information on how Invisalign® can discreetly and effectively straighten your teeth, contact Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists.