Dr. Patrick T. Cuozzo, DDS, PA
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo is proud to continue his family’s legacy, spanning three generations, of providing quality orthodontic services. Dr. Pat is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics who graduated from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. He joined Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists 25 years after his father, Dr. Gary Cuozzo, started the practice in 1972.
Dr. Pat’s commitment to continually demonstrate exceptional work and a gentle chairside manner has earned him multiple nominations by his peers as one of the Top Orthodontic Specialists in New Jersey. He has also earned a stellar reputation by maintaining some of the most advanced orthodontic systems and technological tools in his practice. During his free time, Dr. Cuozzo teaches the next generation of orthodontic professionals as a Clinical Professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and helps out at the local Little Silver Volunteer Fire Department.
The following information will give you more details about Dr. Pat’s credentials and background, as well as answers to common questions many people have while searching for a qualified orthodontist. If you would like to learn more, or if you would like to schedule a consultation here at Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists, please contact us today.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- New Jersey Association of Orthodontists
- Jersey Coast Dental Forum Advisor
- Diplomate American Board of Orthodontics
- University of Maryland Dental School
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine – Certificate of Specialty
- Voted Eight Times as One of the Top Orthodontic Specialists in New Jersey Monthly Magazine
- Listed in the Guide to America’s Top Dentists
- Honored in the Global Directory of Who’s Who
- Honored in the Cambridge Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals
- Listed in Who’s Who Among American College Students
- Timothy O. Heartwole Chair for Ethical Standards and Humanitarianism
- Exceptional Interest in Orthodontics from the American Association of Orthodontists
- Certificate of Excellence from the Prosthodontic Honor Society
- Outstanding Achievement from the Academy of Operative Dentistry Award
- Clinical Professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Orthodontic Department
- Contributor, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
What is an Orthodontist?
Although your family dentist may provide orthodontic services, they are not a licensed orthodontic specialist. A licensed orthodontist has surpassed his or her dental school education and received formal orthodontic training. They specialize in diagnosing, preventing, and correcting teeth and jaw alignments. Orthodontists are experts at aligning your teeth, improving your bite and helping jaws properly develop. A skilled, licensed orthodontist can dramatically improve your smile.
How do I know if my Orthodontist is a licensed specialist?
The state of New Jersey assigns a Specialty Permit Number to orthodontic specialists who meet stringent criteria and complete advanced orthodontic training. Their permit number lets you know you are receiving quality dental care. Make sure to ask your doctor for their New Jersey Specialty Permit Number!
Contact Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists
If you would like more information about Dr. Pat, or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us today.