Invisalign® uses a series of clear, custom-made teeth aligners to shift crowded or malpositioned teeth into a straighter position. This revolutionary system, available here at Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists, allows you to incrementally improve the look of your smile with discretion and comfort. Invisalign® has helped patients all over the world straighten their teeth effectively – without the need for metal braces and wires.
Benefits of Invisalign®
There are many benefits associated with this innovative orthodontic treatment. Invisalign® teeth aligners can be easily taken out at your convenience so you can eat, drink, brush, and floss. The treatment is popular with many of our patients because the teeth aligners are almost invisible to other people due to their clear, plastic composition. Typically, patients using the Invisalign® system have fewer scheduled office visits since the aligners don’t need the type of adjustments associated with metal braces. Plus, the aligners are known to be much more comfortable than braces, and the length of time necessary for treatment is often less when compared with other orthodontic techniques.
The Invisalign® Treatment Process
These five steps will walk you through our Invisalign® treatment process from beginning to end.
- Dr. Patrick Cuozzo will discuss your treatment options during your initial consultation. If it is decided that the Invisalign® system is the best option for your needs, you are encouraged to ask any questions you may have about the treatment and Dr. Pat will address all your concerns.
- Next, Dr. Pat will take a digital impression of your teeth and send the images to Invisalign®. These images will be used to design a customized series of trays. Each tray in the series is slightly modified from the one before it, allowing for progressive movement of your teeth into a more desirable position.
- You can begin your orthodontic treatment after Invisalign® delivers your series of personalized teeth aligners to our office. We typically give patients 18 to 30 aligners to wear for 9 to 15 months, although the total treatment length will vary depending on your specific needs. Every two weeks, you will discard the aligners you’ve been wearing and replace them with the next in the series. We recommend you wear the aligners every day for at least 20 to 22 hours, only removing them to eat, drink or take care of your oral hygiene.
- Dr. Pat will arrange office visits periodically to analyze your results.
- At the end of your treatment Dr. Cuozzo will show you how to wear a retainer at night so your teeth will stay in their new position.
For more information on how Invisalign® can discreetly and effectively straighten your teeth, contact Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists.